LIABILITY RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RICK, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, INDEMNIFICATION AND PERMISSION TO USE PARTICIPANT’S NAME AND LIKENESS
You must accept this waiver to register
1. Liability Release. In return for being allowed to participate in the firearms or archery activity or other activity (“Event”) conducted at Quinton Sportsmen’s Club (QSC), I, ____________________(Participant), hereby agree to release and forever discharge QSC, its members, officers, employees, staff members, instructors, volunteers, assistant, agents, sponsors, promoters and affiliates (all hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), from any and all liability, claims, suits and causes of action, whether at law or in equity, and whether for personal injury, death, property damage, economic loss, or other loss, damage or injury of any type or kind, that I, my heirs, estate, successors, assigns, personal representatives or others claiming by or through me, may ever have against Releasees, including even such liability, claims and cause of action as may arise from the NEGLIGENCE OR CLAIMED NEGLIGENCE of Releasees, and whether arising before, during or after the Event.
2. Assumption of Risk. I understand that the use of firearms and live ammunition, archery equipment and arrows, and other activities that take place at QSC involve significant risks, including but not limited to the risk of death, serious bodily injury, property damage or economic loss, by accidentally shooting myself or being shot by another Event participant using firearms or bow and arrows; being injured by ricochets, splashback, ejected cartridge cases or fragments from firearms, or fragments or projectiles coming back toward me from the targets, target frames or range backstop; injuries caused by the noise, shock or recoil of gunshots, by bursting of firearms or ammunition, by exposure to toxic lead or other hazards of shooting, injuries cause by the strenuous nature of the activities, caused by the rough, uneven or precarious terrain; by other accidental causes, or by the intentional, reckless or negligent acts or omission of others. I hereby agree to assume all such risks, known and unknown.
3. Covenant Not To Sue. I further covenant and agree not to sue or bring any other legal or equitable proceeding again QSC and/or any of the other Releasees, and agree that if I violate this covenant, I shall be liable for all of QSC’s and the Releasees’s attorney’s fees and other expenses of defending, settling or satisfying or satisfying such suit, legal action or proceeding.
4. Permission to Use Participant’s Name & Likeness. I hereby grant QSC the right to film, photograph, videotape, video record, sound record, and/or record me at the Event and to use my name, photograph, video or sound recording, image or other likeness (collectively, “Likeness”), or permit others to use my Likeness, in any reasonable manner without paying any compensation or royalty to me. I understand that all rights in any Likeness of me, or in materials incorporation my Likeness, taken or created by or for QSC in connection with the Event, shall become the sole and absolute property of QSC.
By my confirmation below, I represent that:
• I have no known physical, medical or mental conditions or disabilities that would affect my full, safe participation in the Event. Also, I have no reason to believe I am or could be pregnant.
• I agree that I will not consume, use, or be under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any illegal drugs, or any other drugs or medications that could affect my judgment, perception, coordination, balance, or physical abilities prior to or during the Event, to any degree.
• I agree that I will keep any firearm or gun (whether loaded or unloaded) I handle, or any bow with nocked arrow, pointed in a safe direction at all times, and will NEVER allow any firearm, gun or bow with nocked arrow to point at or toward myself or any other person.
• I agree that I will wear adequate ear protection at all times when in the vicinity of firearms or archers equipment that is being used by myself or others, and adequate ear protection when in the vicinity of firearms that are being discharged, whether by myself or others.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE AND EXPRESSLY INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT, for myself, my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives.