Oops.. I have to fix a stage after scoring has started
Changing Stage Designs After Scoring has Started
So what happens when you find a problem with a stage, either the physical stage or the stage definition in PractiScore, after scoring has started?
Examples include, forgetting an No Penalty Mike count on a disappearing target. Forgetting a target, or having an extra target. And forgetting shot count.
Or as happened to me this weekend, forgetting a stage was a par time stage.
The general rules on this:
– you make the same changes on all devices in the match. This could be done with a sync, or it could be done manually doing the same edits.
– if you remove a target, no worries, the scored extra targets are ignored.
– if you ADD a target or shot count, then any scores for that stages that have been scored will be incomplete. A reshoot, or a good memory are then in order.
– You can adjust NPM counts after targets are scored. However, Mikes will not be moved into the NPM colum. You have to do that by hand.
An easy way to do this is to look at results, for those with penalties, and then find them in the All Shooters Squad and correct them.
– you can change scoring method between Comstock, Virginia, and Fixed Time without problem. If moving to fixed time just the points shot minus penalties are calculated.
IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA TO DO A MATCH BACKUP (available on the Sync page) PRIOR TO MESSING WITH THE MATCH DEFINITION.
I’ve never had a problem doing it, but I wouldn’t want to find one and not have a backup to recover from.